- Audiology & Speech Language Pathology
- Complementary Medicine
- General Reference
- Internal Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Osteopathy & Manual Medicine
- Physical Therapy
- Plastic Surgery
- Student Education
- Veterinary Medicine
Member of the Association
of American Publishers
Member of the Independent
Book Publishers Association
Endoscopic technology has advanced to the point where practitioners can now access, visualize, and treat spine pathologies previously only accessible through open surgical approaches. Endoscopic Spine Surgery 2nd Edition provides a comprehensive background on endoscopic spine surgery and covers an unparalleled number of minimally invasive spine procedures that have revolutionized the spine treatment paradigm. Readers will greatly benefit from many years of expertise and wisdom shared by master spine surgeons Daniel Kim, Gun Choi, Sang-Ho Lee, and Richard Fessler, and their expert contributors.
Due to the narrow endoscopic view, subtle microanatomical differences in the lumbar, thoracic, and cervical regions are not always easy to visually discern. To address this challenge, the book contains detailed procedural descriptions and images mirroring endoscopic views spine surgeons encounter in the OR. Organized anatomically, 53 chapters guide readers systematically through lumbar, thoracic, cervical, and craniocervical junction procedures for pathologies ranging from low back pain and deformities to tumors, lesions, infections, and trauma.
- More than 1000 high quality images including color procedural photographs and medical illustrations provide in-depth visual understanding.
- Spinal pathologies and procedures delineated in 75 videos accessible via the Media Center - from case studies to step-by-step technique tutorials.
- Covers the full spectrum of spine endoscopy including percutaneous approaches, microdiscectomy, laminectomy, discectomy foraminotomy, hemilaminectomy, thoracic decompressions, fusion, fixation, and thoracoscopic procedures.
- The use of state-of-the-art technology such as ultrasonic bone dissectors, endoscopic radiofrequency denervation, the video telescope operating monitor (VITOM), minimally invasive tubular retractors, and 3D stereo-tubular endoscopic systems.
Neurosurgical and orthopaedic residents, spine fellows, and seasoned spine surgeons will all greatly benefit from the significant knowledge and insights revealed in this remarkable multimedia resource. This book may also be of interest to neurosurgical and orthopaedic nurses, physical therapists, chiropractors, and medical device professionals.