- Audiology & Speech Language Pathology
- Complementary Medicine
- General Reference
- Internal Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Osteopathy & Manual Medicine
- Physical Therapy
- Plastic Surgery
- Student Education
- Veterinary Medicine
Member of the Association
of American Publishers
Member of the Independent
Book Publishers Association
Fundamental Topics in Plastic Surgery
Publication Date: April 2018
Given the wide-ranging nature of the literature one must study in plastic surgery training, a solid grounding in many fundamental principles and procedures is an absolute prerequisite to becoming a competent plastic surgeon. And yet, until now there has been no single source that collects these fundamental topics in one volume; rather, the information has had to be gleaned from the introductory chapters of multiple comprehensive textbooks. The present volume takes a new approach, and provides the trainee an opportunity to learn these fundamentals more efficiently and comprehensively through a single book.
This work will prepare the trainee to confidently advance to the more specific core topics in reconstructive and aesthetic plastic surgery.
- Highly efficient presentation and organization of all fundamental plastic surgical topics
- 21 chapters cover such topics as patient safety; normal and abnormal wound healing; local anesthesia and nerve blocks; soft tissue infections and antibiotics; implants and biomaterials; basic surgical techniques; grafting of fat, skin, bone, and other tissues; flaps; burns; and much more.
- Each chapter closes with a summary of key points.
Ideal for all surgeons in training, Fundamental Topics in Plastic Surgery is a complete introduction to the science and technical expertise of aesthetic and reconstructive plastic surgery.