- Audiology & Speech Language Pathology
- Complementary Medicine
- General Reference
- Internal Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Osteopathy & Manual Medicine
- Physical Therapy
- Plastic Surgery
- Student Education
- Veterinary Medicine
Member of the Association
of American Publishers
Member of the Independent
Book Publishers Association
A complete guide to improving stroke treatment and patient outcomes from international experts!
Of the more than 795,000 estimated strokes that occur annually in the U.S., 87% are ischemic due to blockages, while the remaining 13% are hemorrhagic associated with spontaneous bleeding in the brain. Ischemic Stroke Management: Medical, Interventional and Surgical Management by esteemed neurosurgeons Alejandro Spiotta, Roberto Crosa, and an impressive group of international contributors details evidence-based medical, interventional, and neurosurgical treatment of ischemic stroke.
Twelve chapters cover complete management of ischemic stroke, from symptom manifestation to interventions in the ER, OR, and NICU. The first chapters cover stroke epidemiology, intravenous thrombolysis in stroke, and the crucial role stroke centers play in ensuring timely treatment of this devastating disease. Subsequent chapters discuss diagnostic imaging techniques in acute ischemic stroke, neurosurgical interventions for hemorrhagic and ischemic stroke, and neuroanesthesia considerations.
- With contributions from South America to Europe, North America to Asia, authors share diverse experiences treating stroke patients, delivering a unique international perspective
- Endovascular neurosurgery ischemic stroke approaches and discussion of scientific evidence
- Mechanical thrombectomy utilizing Catch, Trevo, and Solitaire stent retrievers and the evolution of direct clot aspiration approaches
- Special topics include neurocritical care of acute ischemic stroke, pediatric stroke, and emerging state-of-the-art techniques
Truly global viewpoints encompassed in this unique book make it a must-read for trainee and veteran neurosurgeons and interventional neuroradiologists across the world. This resource is also an essential bookshelf addition for medical centers worldwide that treat stroke patients.
This book includes complimentary access to a digital copy on https://medone.thieme.com.
Chapter 1: Stroke Epidemiology
Chapter 2: Stroke in Pediatric Population
Chapter 3: Emergency Stroke Care in the Prehospital Setting and Emergency Department
Chapter 4: Intravenous Thrombolysis in Stroke. The Organization of Stroke Centers
Chapter 5: Imaging Techniques in Acute Ischemic Stroke
Chapter 6: Neurosurgical Treatment for Hemorrhagic and Ischemic Stroke
Chapter 7:Endovascular Intervention in the Management of Ischemic Stroke: Scientific Evidence
Chapter 8: Neuroanesthesia Considerations in Acute Ischemic Stroke
Chapter 9: Mechanical Thrombectomy with Retrievable Stents
Chapter 10: Direct Aspiration Thrombectomy for Acute Stroke: Evolution of Technique and Evidence
Chapter 11: The Future in Ischemic Stroke: New Techniques