- Audiology & Speech Language Pathology
- Complementary Medicine
- General Reference
- Internal Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Osteopathy & Manual Medicine
- Physical Therapy
- Plastic Surgery
- Student Education
- Veterinary Medicine
Member of the Association
of American Publishers
Member of the Independent
Book Publishers Association
Manual of Interventional Oncology
Publication Date: December 2017
This Manual of Interventional Oncology by Douglas Coldwell is the culmination of more than 30 years of training, hands-on practice, and skills learned from oncology colleagues. The successful practice of interventional oncology (IO) requires familiarity with all cancer interventions, and the ability to recognize each of their strengths and weaknesses. Acquiring basic knowledge of all facets of the vast, ever-evolving cancer treatment paradigm enables greater understanding of how IO fits into the broad cancer management continuum.
The first five chapters lay a solid foundation, detailing essentials of medical and surgical oncology and radiation, followed by interventional radiology cancer treatments and agents used in cancer chemotherapy. Twelve cancer-specific chapters cover tumor management and discussion of minimally invasive, imageguided tumor ablation techniques for each type of cancer, as well as IO for pain management and palliative care.
- IO interventions for prevalent cancers such as colorectal, pancreatic, prostate, liver, bladder, breast, lung, and gynecologic - and less common pathologies including neuroendocrine tumors of the gastrointestinal tract and cholangiocarcinoma
- More than 125 illustrations accompany succinct discussions of pathology, epidemiology, genetics, staging, treatment, outcomes, and IO options for each type of tumor
- An overview of clinical trials provides a glimpse of future IO innovations
- A road map to a successful IO career includes pearls gleaned from years of managing a thriving practice
This definitive guide is a must-have for clinicians working in the field of vascular and interventional radiology. It provides interventional radiologists with the necessary building blocks, information, and techniques to thrive in this rapidly evolving specialty.