- Audiology & Speech Language Pathology
- Complementary Medicine
- General Reference
- Internal Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Osteopathy & Manual Medicine
- Physical Therapy
- Plastic Surgery
- Student Education
- Veterinary Medicine
Member of the Association
of American Publishers
Member of the Independent
Book Publishers Association
Manual Trigger Point Therapy
Recognizing, Understanding and Treating Myofascial Pain and Dysfunction
Publication Date: March 2019
Treating pain where it originates!
Manual trigger point therapy combines mechanical, reflex, biochemical, energetic, functional, cognitive-emotional, and behaviorally effective phenomena. As such, it influences not only peripheral nociceptive pain, but also intervenes in the body's pain-processing and transmission mechanisms.
Here you will learn: a systematic, manual-therapeutic approach to recognize and deactivate the potential of trigger points to cause pain and dysfunction; how to treat the accompanying fascial disorders; and how to prevent recurrences.
- Clinical background of myofascial pain and dysfunction
- Muscles, trigger points, and pain patterns at a glance
- Neuromuscular entrapments shown in detail
- Screening tests und pain guides for all common clinical patterns
- Manual treatment of trigger points and fasciae
Manual Trigger Point Therapy is your one-stop, comprehensive introduction to this fascinating, proven technique.
This book includes complimentary access to a digital copy on https://medone.thieme.com.
2 Myofascial Trigger Points
3 Trigger Point Induced Disturbances
4 Diagnosis of Myofascial Pain
5 Treatment of Myofascial Pain
7 Manual therapy of the Muscles
8 Neuromuscular Entrapments
9 Clinical Aspects