- Audiology & Speech Language Pathology
- Complementary Medicine
- General Reference
- Internal Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Osteopathy & Manual Medicine
- Physical Therapy
- Plastic Surgery
- Student Education
- Veterinary Medicine
Member of the Association
of American Publishers
Member of the Independent
Book Publishers Association
The essential “neurotransmitter” for assimilating the basics of clinical neurology
The second edition of this practical guide provides a thorough introduction to the essential concepts of clinical neurology. Coverage includes history-taking; the neurological examination and ancillary tests; topical diagnosis and differential diagnosis of typical syndromes; the diseases of the central nervous system, peripheral nerves, autonomic nervous system, and muscles; epilepsy; and inflammatory diseases such as multiple sclerosis.
Central to the book are the lucid structuring of complex contents allowing efficient learning, even without prior knowledge of the subject; and the vital link between theory and clinical practice, with essential information on history-taking, the clinical examination, and additional tests, all supported by informative graphics and appropriate computed tomography or magnetic resonance imaging studies.
- Complete revision of contents and an enhanced layout from the first edition
- Brilliant format and structure, making the assimilation of complex information easy and efficient
- Clear color illustrations and graphics, many new or revised for the second edition
- Comprehensive tables expand and organize information on many topics
- Vast clinical experience of two highly respected university teachers
Fundamentals of Neurology: An Illustrated Guide, Second Edition, is the ideal introduction to clinical neurology for medical students, physical therapists, and other professionals involved in patient care.