- Audiology & Speech Language Pathology
- Complementary Medicine
- General Reference
- Internal Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Osteopathy & Manual Medicine
- Physical Therapy
- Plastic Surgery
- Student Education
- Veterinary Medicine
Member of the Association
of American Publishers
Member of the Independent
Book Publishers Association
Implications in Medical and Dental Practices
Publication Date: November 2019
Unique guide to coordinated and optimized treatment of common neurological diseases
Neurological and neurodegenerative diseases have a significant impact on a patient's functionality, independence, and overall quality of life. Multidisciplinary clinical care, coordination, and treatment modifications are key to increasing survival rates and enhancing the well-being of these patients. Neurological Diseases: Implications in Medical and Dental Practices by Armin Ariana provides essential details on managing the neurological diseases commonly seen by general healthcare and dental practitioners and the importance of collaborative treatment.
The text starts with an introduction to neurological diseases followed by eight disease specific chapters: Parkinson Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), Alzheimer Disease, Stroke, Epilepsy and Other Seizure Disorders, Myasthenia Gravis, and Facial Paralysis. Every chapter starts with an introduction and background, then succinct sections covering epidemiology, etiology and pathogenesis, potential genetic factors, clinical symptoms, diagnosis, and current treatment/management approaches.
- The integral role of medical history, physical examination, and clinical and paraclinical testing in optimizing medical management and treatment
- How disease-specific oral medications impact patients in dental care settings, prior to and during treatment
- Why multidisciplinary healthcare coordination between physicians, dentists, and other healthcare providers is vital to improved patient outcomes and quality of life
This book is essential reading for medical students during neurology rotation, dental students who need clinical insights on how to treat patients with neurological diseases, and early-career medical and dental practitioners.
This book includes complimentary access to a digital copy on https://medone.thieme.com.
2 Parkinson Disease
3 Multiple Sclerosis
4 Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
5 Alzheimer Disease
7 Epilepsy and Other Seizure Disorders
8 Myasthenia Gravis
9 Facial Paralysis