- Audiology & Speech Language Pathology
- Complementary Medicine
- General Reference
- Internal Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Osteopathy & Manual Medicine
- Physical Therapy
- Plastic Surgery
- Student Education
- Veterinary Medicine
Member of the Association
of American Publishers
Member of the Independent
Book Publishers Association
We have tried to make this page as easy to follow and clear as possible. If you have any questions regarding any of the policies or terms outlined below, please get in touch (click here)
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your device. The information stored in cookies makes it possible for us to identify your device during your next visit, or use website functionalities like the shopping basket. This is conducive to usability and will make the use of our website easier for you. Data processed by cookies are required for the above mentioned purposes to protect our and third parties’ legitimate interests according to Article 6(1)(f) GDPR.
We use Google Analytics to monitor usage in order to improve the site. You can opt out of Google Analytics by following the instructions here. Opting out of Google Analytics will not affect features like the shopping basket.
The information collected by Google may be sent to a Google server in the U.S. and saved there. Google has been certified under the Privacy Shield Frameworks and thus guarantees to adhere to the European data privacy laws (https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt000000001L5AAI&status=Active).
Google Analytics collects information such as:
- IP address of the computer accessing the data
- Date and time of access
- Name and URL of the data accessed
- Website used for access (referrer URL)
- Browser used and, if necessary, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider
We use this information for the following purposes:
- Guaranteeing a smooth connection and a consistent use of our website,
- Evaluation of system security and stability as well as
- for further administrative purposes.
The legal basis for data processing is Article 6(1)(f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest is a consequence of the above mentioned purposes.
For example, it is useful for us to know what browser or platform people typically view our site on as we then know that we need to test that the website works correctly on that particular browser. Or, if we send out a promotional email to subscribers to our newsletter, it is helpful for our marketing efforts to monitor the number of subscribers who follow the links in the email to our website.
Cookies are also used for features like the shopping basket, to keep track of what you have added. If you completely block cookies, you will not be able to add products to your shopping basket, and thus would be unable to purchase anything on Thieme.co.uk
The Cutting Edge Newsletter: If you have explicitly given consent to the use of your email according to Article 6(1)(a) GDPR, we will use it to provide you with our regular newsletters for the area of interests selected by you. In order to receive the newsletter, it is sufficient to provide us with an email address. The provision of further personal data is optional (i.e. your name); we will use them to personalize the newsletters. You can unsubscribe at any time by using the link provided at the bottom of every newsletter.
User Accounts: User accounts are stored by Stison (our GDPR compliant IT partner). Passwords are encrypted, and cannot be viewed or recovered by us. You do not need to have a user account in order to purchase products from this website. Please get in touch if you wish to delete your account (click here).
We do not sell any of your information to third parties.
Your rights as the person affected by data processing
You have the right:
- according to Article 15 GDPR to request full disclosure regarding your personal data processed by us. In particular, you can request full disclosure regarding purposes of processing, category of personal data, categories of recipients who received or will receive your data, planned storage time, existence of a right to correct, delete, limit processing or withdrawal, the existence of a right to appeal, origin of your data if they were not collected by us, and regarding the existence of an automated decision process including profiling and meaningful information regarding their details, if necessary;
- according to Article 16 GDPR to request the immediate correction of incorrect data or completion of your personal data stored with us;
- according to Article 17 GDPR to request the deletion of your personal data stored with us if data processing is not required to exert the right of freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, to protect public interest or to assert, exert and defend legal claims;
- according to Article 18 GDPR to request limited processing of your personal data if the correctness of the data is being disputed by you, data processing is illegal, but you deny the deletion of the data, and if we do not need the data anymore, but require them for asserting, exerting and defending legal interests or if you filed an objection against data processing according to Article 21 GDPR;
- according to Article 20 GDPR to receive your personal data you provided us with in a structured, well-established and machine-readable format or to request the transmission to another responsible person;
- according to Article 7(3) GDPR withdraw your already given consent towards us at any time. As a consequence, we are not allowed to continue data processing based on that consent in future and
- according to Article 77 GDPR file a complaint with a supervisory authority. Normally you can contact the supervisory authority of your place of residence, of your workplace or of our publishing house headquarters.
Right of withdrawal
Provided that your personal data are processed based on legitimate interest according to Article 6(1)(f) GDPR, you have the right of withdrawal against the processing of your personal data according to Article 21, in case there are reasons which result from your particular situation or if the withdrawal concerns direct marketing. In the latter case you have the general right of withdrawal which is accepted by us without the statement of a particular reason.
Should you exercise your right of withdrawal, it is sufficient that you send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to know what information we hold about you, please send us an email (click here).
- Handbook of Neurosurgery
- Atlas of Anatomy
- Cosmetic Injection Techniques
- Female Cosmetic Genital Surgery
- Surgical Treatment of Orthopaedic Trauma
- Comprehensive Neurosurgery Board Review
- Auricular Reconstruction
- Atlas of Neurosurgical Techniques
- General Anatomy and Musculoskeletal System (THIEME Atlas of Anatomy)
- Atlas of Neurosurgical Techniques