- Audiology & Speech Language Pathology
- Complementary Medicine
- General Reference
- Internal Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Osteopathy & Manual Medicine
- Physical Therapy
- Plastic Surgery
- Student Education
- Veterinary Medicine
Member of the Association
of American Publishers
Member of the Independent
Book Publishers Association
The Unfavorable Result in Plastic Surgery has been lauded as a classic text in plastic surgery, described by reviewers as "an unforgettable masterpiece," "an invaluable companion text," and "a vast resource." Mimis Cohen co-authored the widely acclaimed third edition with the late Robert Goldwyn. Along with his esteemed coeditors and a cadre of prominent plastic surgeons, Dr. Cohen has produced an illuminating fourth edition. Embracing the book's original philosophy, "Mistakes are often the best teachers," the updated text and videos are remarkable in their candor, yielding a vast number of lessons typically not shared in the literature.
In the first three sections, top experts discuss topics connected with plastic surgery complications including patient dissatisfaction, psychological aspects of cosmetic plastic surgery, legal/safety issues, the management of scars/redo surgery, infections, and wound management. Sections four through nine detail the treatment of specific procedural complications, challenges, secondary surgery, and avoidance of suboptimal outcomes. Experts in their respective subspecialties discuss alternative approaches and considerations in aesthetic plastic surgery, breast surgery, pediatric & craniofacial surgery, reconstructive plastic surgery for head & neck, body & lower extremity, hand & upper extremity, and burns.
- Concise, easy-to-cross-reference text, evidence-based clinical pearls, and case presentations provide in-depth understanding on the prevention, recognition, and management of unfavorable results
- Preoperative, intraoperative, and postoperative surgical complications and risks
- Updated in full color with nearly 1,400 illustrations, including a bespoke outstanding artwork program
- More than 100 technical video clips posted in the Thieme MediaCenter deliver additional educational insights
The Unfavorable Result in Plastic Surgery: Avoidance and Management, Fourth Edition, is an essential reference for all plastic, aesthetic, and reconstructive surgeons and residents. It expands on the masterful legacy of the original and is certain to become a go-to, indispensable source of learning for future generations of plastic surgeons.