- Audiology & Speech Language Pathology
- Complementary Medicine
- General Reference
- Internal Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Osteopathy & Manual Medicine
- Physical Therapy
- Plastic Surgery
- Student Education
- Veterinary Medicine
Member of the Association
of American Publishers
Member of the Independent
Book Publishers Association
A practical guide on the evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of varicose veins
Chronic venous disease is a common condition, with a prevalence as high as 50% in industrialized countries worldwide. Of those, about 20-25% of women and 10-15% of men have visible varicose veins. Varicose vein treatment has become an increasingly multidisciplinary field, and one that has seen cutting-edge advances and significant growth.
Felipe B. Collares, Salomao Faintuch, and a team of venous disease experts have compiled, Varicose Veins, a concise book that covers the full range of interventional procedures for venous insufficiency. Following introductory chapters on anatomy and pathophysiology, the authors guide readers through the clinical exam, imaging, compression therapy, and various minimally invasive techniques. Highly practical and an affordable alternative to larger published tomes.
- Step-by-step guide on core venous interventions - from compression therapy to sclerotherapy - ambulatory phlebectomy to endovascular ablation
- Illustrations delineate anatomy and specific treatment modalities
- Clinical pearls on patient safety and preventing complications
- Discussion of emerging endovascular approaches that do not require administration of tumescent anesthesia
This handy resource is a must-have for trainees and veteran physicians. The practical and focused layout provides a well-rounded reference for all specialists who perform varicose vein procedures - interventional radiologists, vascular surgeons, phlebologists, cardiologists, and dermatologists.
This is a compact, readable, highly usable, valuable guide to have on varicose veins and related conditions, including an overview of the human venous system, information pertaining to causative factors, diagnoses, symptoms, and treatment options... -- BIZ INDIA