- Audiology & Speech Language Pathology
- Complementary Medicine
- General Reference
- Internal Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Osteopathy & Manual Medicine
- Physical Therapy
- Plastic Surgery
- Student Education
- Veterinary Medicine
Member of the Association
of American Publishers
Member of the Independent
Book Publishers Association
FIVE STARS from Doody's Star Ratings™
Audiology Answers for Otolaryngologists, Second Edition an ideal pocket-sized guide for Board prep and clinical practice
Significant advances in Audiology during the last few decades have resulted in a wide spectrum of sophisticated treatment options and diagnostic tests. This concise, easily accessible FAQ format addresses the multidisciplinary aspects of the field, providing audiologists, otolaryngologists, Otolaryngology residents and other specialists with a high-yield study guide.
Key highlights in second edition
- Expert authors answer the "most frequently asked" Audiology questions, enabling quick comprehension of key Audiology concepts.
- Topics new to the second edition include multifrequency tympanometry and ototoxic monitoring; while updates cover vestibular evoked myogenic potentials, video head impulse testing, bow and lean tests, current hearing aid technology and wireless accessories, and standards for testing hearing aids.
- Two new chapters cover the audiological assessment of pediatric patients and the educational training of audiologists.
- More than 130 figures and tables elucidate learning.
This succinct, pocket-sized Audiology guide will greatly benefit Otolaryngology residents with demanding schedules who often struggle preparing for and mastering the challenging Audiology component of the Board exam. The reader-friendly format also provides a quick, go-to reference for ENT practitioners.
"If one did settle down for a long day and read this from cover to cover, the result would be an outstanding grounding in the science of audiology ... This is a worthy book and very good value." — The Journal of Laryngology & Otology
This well-organised, concise book provides important information in a pithy question-and-answer format...This book receives my highest recommendation... -- International Journal of Audiology
This is a worthy book and very good value. There is everything from the most basic principles of masking or tympanometry, to advanced (sometimes very much so) testing of vestibular function. -- The Journal of Laryngology & Otology