- Audiology & Speech Language Pathology
- Complementary Medicine
- General Reference
- Internal Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Osteopathy & Manual Medicine
- Physical Therapy
- Plastic Surgery
- Student Education
- Veterinary Medicine
Member of the Association
of American Publishers
Member of the Independent
Book Publishers Association
Because of tremendous advancements in research, neurosurgical oncology has become increasingly complex, and it is imperative that physicians have scientific evidence to guide and defend their decision making as they strive to provide the best patient care. Controversies in Neuro-Oncology: Best Evidence Medicine for Brain Tumor Surgery, written by world-renowned experts, is a comprehensive guide that compiles, synthesizes, and summarizes the most relevant scientific literature available in neurosurgical oncology. It provides objective recommendations based on the data found in the literature, giving physicians the information they need to make fully informed treatment decisions.
- An opening chapter, Introduction to Best Evidence Medicine, illustrates how the authors rate the viability of the data presented
- Authors discuss in detail commonly disputed topics specific to tumor type, such as the roles of surgery and gross total resection as well as radiosurgery options
- Expert recommendation boxes highlight "takeaways" for the reader
- Summary tables distill abundant scientific evidence and emphasize the main conclusions of published studies
This book will be the go-to guide for all neurosurgeons, oncologists, and neurologists involved in the multidisciplinary care of patients with brain tumors.
In a rapidly changing field with many new discoveries, a book such as this is very valuable. Practitioners could easily get overwhelmed by the hundreds of contradicting scientific articles, but this book summarizes the literature and equips them to choose the best approaches for their patients. This is a great addition to the patient care and scientific library. -- Doody Enterprises, Inc.