- Audiology & Speech Language Pathology
- Complementary Medicine
- General Reference
- Internal Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Osteopathy & Manual Medicine
- Physical Therapy
- Plastic Surgery
- Student Education
- Veterinary Medicine
Member of the Association
of American Publishers
Member of the Independent
Book Publishers Association
Neurotrauma and Critical Care of the Brain, 2nd edition by renowned neurosurgeons Jack Jallo and Christopher Loftus incorporates salient components of the highly praised first edition. The updated text reflects cutting-edge discussion on traumatic brain injury management in a neurocritical care setting. Contributions from top experts in neurosurgery, neurology, critical care, cardiac and pulmonary care, and trauma surgery provide a concise review of a complex and evolving field.
The book lays a solid foundation with discussion of TBI classification, pathophysiology, key blood biomarkers, noninvasive neuromonitoring in severe TBI patients, multimodality monitoring in neurocritical care, and brain imaging modalities. From the prehospital setting to intensive care, top experts share clinical pearls and core guidelines on the management of mild, moderate, and severe TBI and complications. Chapters new to this edition include concomitant injuries, orbital/facial fractures, vascular injuries, spine fractures, autonomic dysfunction, and temperature management.
- Specialized topics include wartime penetrating injuries, cardiovascular complications of TBI, venous thromboembolism prophylaxis, ethical considerations, TBI costs in the U.S. and the financial return on helmets
- Management of pediatric brain injuries in the NICU with illustrative cases
- Nearly 200 high quality illustrations facilitate understanding of complex anatomy and techniques
- Summary tables provide a handy overview of injury type, causes, characteristics, and recommended imaging modalities
This remarkable resource is essential reading for neurosurgeons, neurologists, trauma physicians, critical care and rehabilitation medicine specialists, and residents in these specialties. Paired with Neurotrauma and Critical Care of the Spine, 2nd edition, this dynamic duo is the most up-to-date neurocritical care reference available today.
"This book really is a complete primer on the head injured patient. Without a map such as the one this book metaphorically provides, the voyage to mastery can be hazardous for both practitioner and patient."— Journal of the American Medical Association