- Audiology & Speech Language Pathology
- Complementary Medicine
- General Reference
- Internal Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Osteopathy & Manual Medicine
- Physical Therapy
- Plastic Surgery
- Student Education
- Veterinary Medicine
Member of the Association
of American Publishers
Member of the Independent
Book Publishers Association
Highly Commended by the BMA Medical Book Awards for Surgery!
Reconstructive surgery of the upper extremity has progressed significantly due to advances in microsurgical techniques, which include the increased popularity of perforator flaps, refinements in functional free muscle transfer, the application of nerve conduits and nerve allografts, motor nerve transfers, and hand transplantation. These innovations have helped surgeons achieve functional reconstruction goals and enabled patients' return to normal functioning earlier than previously possible.
Reconstructive Surgery of the Hand and Upper Extremity presents a unique, color-coded roadmap for managing the complex upper extremity patient, based on a logical approach to surgical decision-making. Authors Gunter Germann, Randolph Sherman, and L. Scott Levin deliver seven systematically organized sections and 69 chapters with versatile, evidence-based guidelines and techniques. Strategic approaches and a video chapter covering patient examination reflect the collective wisdom gleaned from the authors' experience in the care of the upper extremity patient.
- Insightful guidance provided in 115 treatment-specific algorithms
- Patient histories and photos offer practical clinical information on a full continuum of cases-from gunshot wounds to tumors
- Over 500 high quality illustrations and graphics, many redrawn for this edition, delineate injuries and reconstruction techniques
- Richly illustrated atlas of flaps with nearly 140 new color photos details diverse approaches, including pearls and pitfalls
- Handy tables clearly outline rehabilitation protocols, classification, and zones of injury
- Includes bonus e-book version
The text provides an invaluable framework to help both surgical residents and veteran upper extremity surgeons achieve optimal outcomes in their patients.