- Audiology & Speech Language Pathology
- Complementary Medicine
- General Reference
- Internal Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Osteopathy & Manual Medicine
- Physical Therapy
- Plastic Surgery
- Student Education
- Veterinary Medicine
Member of the Association
of American Publishers
Member of the Independent
Book Publishers Association
Updated edition of bestseller from master spine surgeons uncovers tricks of the trade
Thieme congratulates Todd Albert on being chosen by New York magazine for its prestigious 'Best Doctors 2017' list.
Written by world-renowned masters in spine surgery, this expanded third edition details all the major procedures and newest technical innovations in the field. Experts share clinical pearls gleaned from years of surgical experience and ongoing refinement of techniques. Throughout 21 well organized sections, the essential elements of a full spectrum of cervical, thoracic, lumbar, and sacroiliac joint procedures are distilled into 112 concise, easy to understand chapters.
From deformities to spinal tumors, the text facilitates a greater understanding of surgical nuances and potential complications encountered in standard to complex cases. The authors share insights for improving patient safety and outcome such as reducing radiation exposure during fluoroscopy, minimizing intraoperative blood loss, and utilization of the surgical microscope. Updated pain management content encompasses varied strategies including injections, steroids, and nerve blocks.
- More than 400 stunning full color illustrations, diagrams, and photographs replace black and white images from the previous edition
- Online access to 40 videos in which surgeon-authors share personal tips and demonstrate how to deftly navigate challenging, real life cases. Highlights include up close and personal footage shot in the OR and cadaver simulations
- Greatly expanded section on minimally invasive technologies covers AxiaLIF, Presacral Interbody Fusion, SI Joint Fusion, and the use of both Robotics and Endoscopy
Up to date and comprehensive, this book is an outstanding resource for orthopedic and neurosurgical fellows and residents, as well as clinicians specializing in spine surgery.
The field of spine surgery is broad, dynamic, and constantly evolving with new technology and procedures, and to summarize all of the relevant traditional and newer techniques in a concise yet complete manner is a monumental task. -- World Neurosurgery
This text is authored by 2 of the most reputable spine surgeons in the world...The chapters are very easy to read and understand, no matter the level of one's training or discipline. -- AJNR